Do you desire to give birth peacefully, comfortably, educated and without medications? Hypnobabies may be right for you.
What is Hypnobabies?
Yes! These are babies whose parents choose to easily and naturally prepare for childbirth using the Hypnobabies method of Hypnotic Childbirth, which some might call “hypno-birthing”. Hypnobabies however, is very different in that at Hypnobabies we teach real medical hypnosis techniques, creating an automatically peaceful, relaxing and more comfortable pregnancy, a calm confident Birth Partner, and an easier, more comfortable and sometimes pain-free natural birthing for our Hypno-Mom.
Hypnobabies is a very successful 6 week, 3-hours per week, complete childbirth education course that was adapted with permission from Gerald Kein’s “Painless Childbirth Program” techniques rather than using simple relaxation, breathing or guided imagery. This allows our Hypno-Moms to enjoy “eyes-open childbirth hypnosis”, easily remaining deeply in hypnosis while walking, talking and changing positions; being as mobile as they would like to be during childbirth. Hypnobabies is well-known for helping women to create much shorter, easier and more comfortable labors, making childbirth the joyful experience it was meant to be.
Benefits of Hypnobabies
Why choose a natural, easier and more comfortable birth using Hypnobabies?
The benefits are many:
- Natural Childbirth at its best! Most Hypnobabies moms use fewer drugs or no drugs, which means less risk of side effects for them or their babies. This is due to elimination of the Fear/Tension/Pain Syndrome, and using post-hypnotic suggestions.
- Most Hypnobabies mothers have shorter labors since there is less resistance of the birthing muscles when pain and fear are minimized or eliminated.
- Hypno-Moms generally have much more energy throughout first and second stage, due to them being profoundly relaxed throughout the birthing process.
- The birthing environment is much more calm and peaceful when the natural childbirth mother is comfortable, relaxed and confident.
- Breech and posterior babies can be turned using hypnosis.
How does it work?
Mention Labor & Delivery to an expectant mom in her last trimester, and chances are good that her heart will begin to race, her mind floods with concern and in some cases, she panics. She knows that the day is coming when a force much bigger than herself will take over and her body will govern itself completely. For some women birth is a very fearful event, but for a Hypnobabies mom, it is an eagerly anticipated challenge, because they use hypnosis to eliminate discomfort and fear from the birthing experience.
In the past, the word “hypnosis” conjured up images of stage hypnotists re-creating Elvis, or memories of having seen people mesmerized into embarrassing situations. Today it’s becoming more and more common for hypnosis to be used therapeutically in the areas of medicine, dental and surgical anesthesia and personal therapy sessions. Even so, there are many misconceptions regarding hypnosis that can dissuade those contemplating this powerful tool.
Here are a few FACTS:
- All hypnosis is self-hypnosis; the hypnotherapist is only a guide. A person chooses to enter into a hypnotic state, remain in hypnosis and come out of hypnosis at will.
- Approximately 90-95% of the population can be hypnotized. Willingness, belief and motivation have great influence over hypnotizability.